Founded in 2007, Boston University’s annual Project Management in Practice Conference has a mission to:
- Share the Project Management Body of Knowledge with professionals throughout the region at an affordable cost
- Motivate and train young professionals in PM best practices, and prepare them for certifications
- The conference has a strong practical focus on behavioral or soft skills.
- The conference attracts industry practitioners and decision-makers and new practitioners who want to improve their technical competencies.
- We aspire to be the leading agile conference in the Boston area where the value of agile and lean methods are appreciated. To this extent we will always support an Agile track at our conference alongside a secondary theme.
- Recognize Boston-area professionals who make major contributions to their organizations through their practice of PM principles
Themes of previous conferences include Developing Project Management Competency (2015), Women in Project Management (2014), Stakeholder Management (2013), and Agile Project Management (2012). Developing Technical Project Management Competencies. The 2017 conference was a milestone event. It was integrated with IRNOP the world’s premier project management research conference See details for session topics and speakers.The costs are subsidized by the sponsors so that the conference is affordable. The previous year, the cost was $625 but we are back to $75. We hope you can join us. June is a good month to visit Boston. However, hotels are expensive. So book ahead. Consider staying in the excellent quality and very affordable Boston University apartments. Here is the link to the 10 Buick Street accommodations: http://stay.bu.edu/PMiP.bnb.