Founded in 2007, Boston University’s annual Project Management in Practice Conference has a mission to:
- Share the Project Management Body of Knowledge with professionals throughout the region at an affordable cost
- Motivate and train young professionals in PM best practices, and prepare them for certifications
- Provide a strong practical focus on behavioral or soft skills.
- Attract industry practitioners, decision-makers, and new practitioners who want to improve their technical competencies.
- Be the leading Agile conference in the Boston area where the value of Agile and lean methods are appreciated. (To this extent we will always support an Agile track at this conference alongside a secondary theme.)
- Recognize Boston-area professionals who make major contributions to their organizations through their practice of PM principles.
Themes of previous conferences include Developing Project Management Competency (2015), Women in Project Management (2014), Stakeholder Management (2013), and Agile Project Management (2012), among others. The 2017 conference was a milestone event. It was integrated with IRNOP, the world’s premier project management research conference. See details for session topics and speakers.
Our costs are subsidized by sponsors to make the conference affordable and we hope you can join us. June is a good month to visit Boston. However, hotels are expensive, so book ahead. Consider staying in one of the high quality and very affordable Boston University apartments. To find out more, visit 10 Buick Street accommodations: http://stay.bu.edu/PMiP.bnb.